Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nautical fever!

My husband and I have been throwing the idea of using a nautical/beach theme in our bathroom, and upon bringing sand and shells back from Florida I thought let's get this project started!
For days I have been looking at lighthouses, seashells, blues and tans, and anchors!!!
I have lots of ideas floating around in my head, so I decided to put them to work.
I ended up making sand filled votives for the top of the toilet and I plan on painting some canvases today.

Here's what the votives look like:

Photobucket


Next I want to get a mirror and glue shells all around the frame.
I'm also looking at framing some shells in shadowboxes.


I just so happened to look at Tatertots and Jello today, and she has the gorgeous Anthro-Inspired Nautical necklace tutorial. I have to try it!


Hope everyone had a good Monday! My 2 year wedding anniversary is in 8 days, so I am very excited for next week!

Photobucket

1 comment: